In this post, we’ll walk through the procedure of adding new guidelines to Windows Firewall software utilizing ports 80 as well as 443 used by the web server as an instance.
To open a particular port on a regional computer running MS Windows Server, you require to include a permit regulation to the Windows firewall program.
To do this, utilize the Windows Firewall program with Advanced Security snap-in (in Russian “Windows Firewall Program with Advanced Safety”).
- To start Windows Firewall, you need to enter in the Windows search: Windows Firewall with Advanced Security (in Russian “Windows Firewall with Advanced Security”)
- On the tree on the left side of the menu that appears, click on the Inbound Rules branch (“Rules for incoming connections”). Then select the New Rule… option in the right part of the window (“Create a rule…”).
- After opening the New Inbound Rule Wizard for a new inbound connection, select a Rule Type for it. This option is selected according to the existing task – Port, and then the Next button is clicked.
- After that, the Specific local ports value is entered (the number of the port to be opened) and the protocol for which the rule is intended to be applied is selected (in this case, the TCP protocol). Then the Next button is pressed again.
- The next step determines the action to be performed under the specified conditions. Since the port needs to be opened, the Allow the connection option is selected and the Next button is pressed again.
- The next step is to select the firewall profiles that the rule will apply to (all available default profiles). Click the Next button again.
- At the last stage, the name and description of the created rule are entered and the Finish button is pressed to complete the wizard.
Thus, the addition of an allow policy for ports has been completed. The individual can locate it in the Windows Firewall Software with Advanced Safety snap-in. It is located in the Windows Firewall window in the listing of incoming guidelines.
Currently the specified ports will be able to approve links from the outside.
Welcome to the world of DomainRooster, where roosters (and hens) rule the roost! We're a one-stop shop for all your entrepreneurial needs, bringing together domain names and website hosting, and all the tools you need to bring your ideas to life. With our help, you'll soar to new heights and hatch great success. Think of us as your trusty sidekick, always there to lend a wing and help you navigate the sometimes-complex world of domain names and web hosting. Our team of roosters are experts in their fields and are always on hand to answer any questions and provide guidance. So why wait? Sign up today and join the ranks of the world's greatest entrepreneurs. With DomainRooster, the sky's the limit! And remember, as the saying goes, "Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do." So don't be afraid to take that leap of faith - DomainRooster is here to help you reach for the stars. Caw on!